Apple Oat and Nut Muffins
3/4 cup almond flr
½ cup buckwheat flr
1 cup rolled oats
½ cup Sucanat Sugar
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup finely chopped peeled apples
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
½ cup finely chopped soaked almonds (skins off & chopped)
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
¼ cup melted butter
¼ cup rice syrup (optional)
- Preheat over 400 degrees. Use 12-cup muffin pan – coat with oil or use paper liners
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and baking soda. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the apples, milk, almonds, applesauce, butter and rice syrup. Mix well with a spoon until blended.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 15 – 20 min, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for no more than 2 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.